It is the process to ensure that date is updated correctly and appropriately, when multiple transactions are concurrently executed in DBMS.
- To ensure serializability of the schedules
- To enforce isolation between conflicting transactions
- To resolve read-write and write-write conflicts.
In concurrent execution environment, if T1 conflicts with T2 over a data item A, then the existing concurrency control decides T1 or T2 which one should get A and other transaction is rolled-back or wait?
To ensure the serializability of the schedules, there are several protocol to control concurrency-
- Lock-Based protocol
- Time stamp-Based protocol
- Validation-Based protocol
- Multiversion protocol
- Multiple granularity
- Deadlock handling.
Update পেতে প্রতিদিন এই Website টি visit করতে পারেন।
আমাদের ইউটিউব চ্যানেল লিঙ্ক : Tech CSE Tutorials